We have many new and exciting opportunities for you in 2021. Perhaps you want to learn more about a different field? Or you’re already interested in a particular area? Either way, find out more about the different opportunities available below.
This page will be updated regularly to reflect the new opportunities that will arise throughout the year.
There will be an opportunity to apply for these apprenticeship between January and April 2021.
- Customer Contact and Registration Apprentice
- Childcare Apprentice
- Adult Care Apprentice
- Business and Administration Apprentice
- Learning Disabilities Sector Apprentice (Residential Homes)
- Learning Disabilities Sector Apprentice (Day Services)
- Civil Engineering Apprentice YGC
- Civil Engineering Apprentice Highways and Municipal
- Civil Engineering Apprentice NMWTRA
- Cyber Security IT Apprentice NMWTRA (Degree)
- Business and Administration Apprentice NMWTRA
- Cyber Security IT Apprentice (Degree)
- Street Lighting Electrician Apprentice
Adult Care Sector Apprentice
Given the aging population, jobs in adult care are key and important jobs. If you are a person who likes to work with people, wants to make a difference to the lives of others, and wants to learn, this apprenticeship could be for you!
- Caring for vulnerable residents of the home
- Play fun games with the residents
- Communicate with the families of the residents of the home
- Create a healthy and safe home environment
IT Degree Apprentice
Interested in computers and discovering an innovative way of working? The IT service is vital to the continuation of the Council’s service.
- Work on innovative and new projects
- Learn about and master the Council’s key IT systems
- Work towards a degree from Bangor University (the Council will pay for the degree so no student debt for you!)
NMWTRA Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Apprentice
A special opportunity to develop mathematic skills, and design skills with NMWTRA (North and Mid Wales Trunk Road Agency). NMWTRA works in partnership with Gwynedd Council so this apprenticeship will offer unique experiences for development in the civil engineering field.
- Maintain trunk roads across north and mid Wales
- Participate in essential inspections
- Participate in planning projects
An opportunity to become a Childcare Apprentice at Plas Pawb Nursery, Caernarfon. If you are interested in working with young children (from infants to older children), or if you are studying a Health and Social Care course and are interested in this field, then this is the apprenticeship for you!
- Looking after the nursery’s babies and older children
- Doing craft work with the kids
- Facilitating and leading play work
Lighting Electrician Apprentice
The Council’s Lighting Service is responsible for all signs and street lighting in the County. This electrical work is essential to protect the residents of the County as a whole.
- Install and maintain lighting columns, signs, and any other street furniture
- Act on electrical maintenance
- Assist with inspection and testing of lighting columns
Customer Contact and Registration
Customer Contact and Registration Apprentice
As an apprentice in this field you would be providing a service, support, information and guidance to the residents of Gwynedd. This apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to gain experience at Siop Gwynedd, Dolgellau and also at the Galw Gwynedd Center, Penrhyndeudraeth.
- Respond to telephone and face to face inquiries from Gwynedd residents by working with different Council departments
- Contribute to transforming the way we provide customer service
- Hold registration service appointments
Learning Disability Apprentice
This is an opportunity to assist individuals with a learning disability to live their lives in the way they wish, and to ensure they lead active and rich lives. This apprentice will create, develop and maintain a good quality of life for individuals with a learning disability and carry out work that makes a difference to lives.
- Complete a range of assessments to contribute to understanding a person’s needs
- Working alongside the person receiving the support
- Promote the principles of support throughout the service
Business and Administration Apprentice
An opportunity to develop business and finance skills with NMWTRA (North and Mid Wales Trunk Road Agency) who work in partnership with Gwynedd Council. NMWTRA represents eight local authouritys across North and Mid Wales so this is a unique and exciting opportunity.
- Network with councils across North and Mid Wales
- Develop expertise in business operations
- Contribute to financial management
Civil Engineering YGC
Civil Engineering Apprentice
Gwynedd Consultancy (YGC) is a multidisciplinary consultancy established by Gwynedd Council in 1996. YGC is the largest local authority-run consultancy in Wales, working with a large number of public and private sector clients. This apprentice will work specifically in the Water and Environmental field.
- Support the team to prepare drawings and documents using a variety of computer software packages
- Be a part of a flexible project team and assisting the engineers and technical staff on projects
- Complete an ICE accredited qualification
To learn more, watch the video below!